Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Thoughts on the Devil

What Purpose Does the Devil serve?

I feel that the Devil’s purpose is to bring into question for the living whether or not temptation can or cannot be easily dismissed. The Devil represents the bad according to many religious texts. The Devil tests and tempts people in order to take the people who represent ‘evil’ into Hell. I am not sure whether the Devil’s purpose is required since God already punishes the bad, but I would say the Devil’s purpose is dark-sided.

Do you believe in Satan? If yes, how would you describe Satan? If no, why do you think people do believe in Satan?

I do believe that Satan exists. I believe that in order to believe in God and heaven it is required to believe in Satan and Hell. There is always good and evil, not just good. I do not believe that there is a specific physical form Satan takes. There are many forms in my opinion. He may have horns and a tail, or he may look like a human. I know I believe in Satan, but I am not sure what Satan actually looks like.

What is the relationship between Satan and evil?

Satan was not originally seen as evil. He was one of God’s angels, but then because of Satan’s greed for power he was sent to Hell. When I hear the names Satan, Lucifer, Judas, or the Devil I automatically think of the word ‘evil’. Satan enjoys all things bad. If you are good you do not go against God, but Satan did the complete opposite. Satan represents ‘evil’.

Do we need a Satan in order to believe in God?


I do think we need a Satan in order to believe in God. There needs to be a balance of some sort. There is no possible way that there is only good in the world. If there was no Satan I don’t think there would be a place for the ones who have sinned. If God exists then a heaven exists, if a person believes that the one’s who have sinned go to Hell then Satan must exist. If people have sinned and there was no Satan then all the people who have done something wrong would still go to Heaven. That is just not possible in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment