Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Iniquitous & Intriguing

Halima Jaber                                                                                                                            01/08/2014
What Do I Think of the Devil?


          The first word that comes to my mind when I hear the name of the devil is 'Hell'. Hell is the home of the devil and all sinners who are not worthy enough or at all to enter into the gates of heaven. The devil is the ruler of Hell. I do not in any way feel joy or praise towards the devil, although I do enjoy watching films that are based on stories of the evil. Over time, more and more films based on Satan have reached number one spots in the box. This proves that even though the devil is hated by many religious beings, the ways of the devil interest most people today. The devil is not powerful enough to take those who are moving towards the light into the darkness. The only power the devil has is to make sinners feel proud of what they have done and not feel any shame in the matter. The physical aspects that I see while thinking of the devil are a male with red skin and horns. The setting of Hell is deep below the Earth surrounded by flames causing deadly heat. The devils ways are nothing but wrong, and the physical and mental aspects of the devil are what make the devil nothing but evil. Overall, I believe that evil is all around us. All human beings have had or do have one or more dark thoughts, whether it be about pain towards themselves or pain towards someone else deserving of it. I do know that having watched so many films about the devil, I have learned more through watching the fictional and non-fictional stories playing out than I have while practicing my religious views as a Muslim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment