Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Devil

Growing up, I was taught that the Devil was once called Lucifer and he was a fallen angel. I was told that he was one of God's "favorite" angels and that he had a beautiful voice. The Devil was very jealous of God's reign so he began his own army of followers and God banished him and the rest of his followers to hell. Being raised as a Christian I do believe there is a devil and that he feeds off of all things negative and tries to steer people in the wrong direction. He's a being that only wants to see those suffer and wants people to commit all those things that are ungodly. I've been taught that temptation is one of the devil's top strategies to get those to commit sins and that it displeases him when you follow in the ways of God. I feel that all the depictions of the devil whether it's metaphorically or a physical being that somehow they incorporate with each other. I believe that those who believe the devil is the monsters within yourself is just a way of saying that there is evil in a all human beings as well as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment