Wednesday, January 8, 2014

my one on one with the devil

 my name is logan reynolds and for many many years i was a marine engineer deployed overseas. i actually spent 6 years of my life overseas, two of them in action against the enemy. i grew up in southern alabama in a very christian baptist home, my family was very religious (especially my extended family) and for a point of time in my life i had every intentions of being a pastor, that is not how life worked out though and i find myself today a very different man than i was then.
i grew up hearing the stories about lucifers fall from grace, and how he torments souls in the depth of hell and as i grew older my attention began drifting towards other religions and their views. i soon learned that hell has been the place for the damned since ancient greece (if not sooner) and all evil men are doomed to perish. that would mean that the devil targets evil men, right? doesnt that then make him evil? i cant picture an angel of the lord with the legs of a goat and the horns of a bull, so i cant picture the devil with them either. but i can picture pure evil, ive seen it. i have seen the look in a mans eye where he wants nothing more then to end your life and take from you all you hold dear. not because you slighted him, not because he hates you personally, but because he hates who you represent, he hates what you are, and he hates the way you think. that is pure evil, and that is not solely the realm of the devil

No comments:

Post a Comment