Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Devil & I

Usually when someone would speak of the devil, or even bring up a subject that relates to the devil, I would think they were weird or crazy. But lately, it seems as if I have become more immune and used to having the word 'devil' surrounding me in conversations. As a little girl, I was always afraid of horror movies and paranormal spirits. I definitely would not go see a scary movie or even go out to haunted houses during Halloween. My parents always taught me that wearing black or worshiping the devil is for people with "problems." For a while, I believed it but always had a different feeling towards that point of view. Being afraid for so long helped me want to change my decision over the years and experiment to the dark side. In the past two years, I am not afraid anymore. It all started with listening to a variety genre of heavy metal and rock. All of the lyrics contribute to talking about the devil, death, and Hell. It really draws you into believing in something far beyond your knowledge and converting yourself to become negative-minded. It is something about the thrashing noises that makes me want to continue listening to more songs from bands. This influenced me a lot and made me feel like I became close with the devil in a way. I do not mess with any paranormal spirits or experiment with items that would draw those spirits in, but I am extremely fascinated by how it works. I have heard many things about the ouija board and how it is used to communicate with spirits. Learning about or witnessing an exorcism makes me excited and keeps me intrigued. I want to know what goes on through the mind and how the devil has his ways within the world.

1 comment:

  1. It was interesting that you brought up the Devil in music. I would never have thought to bring up that aspect.

    ReplyDelete