Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Devil's Test

I am raised in a Christian home, and when I say Christian I mean exactly that, Christ-Like. Nothing like what some proclaimed to be "Christians" are today that preach mostly about money or ridicules others based on their differences such a homosexuals, or other religious practices. I believe in God and I believe in the Holy Trinity. I find it hard to put my entire trust in the idea of religion only because history has always been tampered with and what lies in the bible may not always be true. But since I believe in God then I know I must believe in the devil because where there is light there is also darkness. I know that I am being tested everyday on how strong my faith is. Everyone, as well as myself, have gone through harsh trails in their lives, but I only think of them as the devil's tests. Those who easily give in are easily accessible to his evil ways, those who aren't he tends to pay a little more attention to. I think of the devil as a mischievous entity that basks in happiness in the downfall of the Lord's servants. I don't really understand him. I don't know why he does what he does, how he got to be what he is now, or why he even exists. I just know that his intentions are never for good, but always for evil. I was always told be weary of him by my parents, and they learned the same lesson from their parents, and so on and so forth. What media and literature portrays the devil to be only makes me even more suspicious. But I know I shouldn't fear him, because the only one I should fear is God.

2 comments:

  1. I liked your comment of how "those who easily give in are easily accessible to his evil ways". We should never give in to temptation. Nice Paper ya heard me.

    ReplyDelete