Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Devil


My relationship with the Devil is much more exciting than my relationship with God.  Despite having grown up in Catholic school, I feel as though the majority of my exposure to the Devil stemmed from a much different place than religion class.  My horror movie phase began much earlier in my life than most.  I watched my first scary movie at the age of six, and I have to say that it has stayed with me ever since.  The film was about a house that had witnessed supernatural encounters, which seemed real at the time.  I probably couldn’t tell you what the Devil looks like if you asked me, but I could try to explain the feelings he brings with him. He is everything that makes me feel creepy, anxious, and unsafe.  He can be found anywhere, in any form of representation.  In my case, the Devil is predominantly a supernatural figure and I’m still trying to figure out whether or not he is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment