Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Relationship with the devil

Like Many, I have a relationship with the devil. No, I am not romantically involved with Satan. I am not a Satanist, nor a Christian for that matter. I don’t particularly believe in God or the devil however I have a relationship with this character because of my family. I grew up in a church going household. My mother and father are devout Christians and raised their children to be good god fearing Americans and with that comes knowledge of Satan’s evils. My grandmother, a strong influence in my childhood as well was even more insane when it came to her faith. I distinctly remember my grandmother warning me about the devil at a young age and describing how not to fall into his many traps.  Although I don’t really go to church or believe in many Christian sentiments at this point in my life, something about the devil seems a bit real. Scary movies rarely frighten me, but when they do, it is a demon orientated or exorcism movie. Perhaps it is just a residual effect from my earlier years, or perhaps I really do have a reason to be scared.  

No comments:

Post a Comment